Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Please don't cry!

Who will cry when I die?
I know not now -
And don't want to count
If all is well and I live to be eighty
A brood of grand-kids
May come to see me.
I'll teach them to paint
Rounds, triangles and squares
I'll take them to the garden
And showcase a bull-frog;
I'd hang a tyre-swing
On the mango tree
Watch them swing freely,
And fall in the sand pit!
I'd get them to read,
Books and much more. 
Let them get muddy,
For a hose-pipe bath.
I might grow wings
And see the Great Wall,
Land in DC
And tour the White House!
Swiss Alps is also listed,
For me to see someday,
I want to know how,
Sound of Music was made.
I'd write a few books
Edit, some more
I'd critique some others
Applaude a few more;
I'd show my daughters
To bake a perfect cake,
Cover it in chocolate
Add a Plum  to its face.
I'd dance with friends
Trek in back woods
Listen to the silence
When it speaks to my soul.
When the time comes 
For me to say good-bye
Off I go to heaven,
To the drum roll of my son.



No comments:

Post a Comment